Entries tagged failed

Using a Perl script because refactoring of a project with Android tools didn’t work

Posted on 20. Dezember 2014 Comments

I wanted to rename my project but I guess since it has a lot of dependencies that caused an error somewhere and I got the error message:

A fatal error occurred while performing the refactoring.
An unexpected exception occurred while creating a change object. See the error log for more details.

So I just the normal refactoring feature of Eclipse which not surprisingly also caused an error. After editing the AndroidManifest package entry, the import of the resources in the sources files didn’t work. It still said

import com.example.oldpackage.R

Only a couple of resource files needed manual editing but the Java files were a problem. What did the trick for me was this one-liner

perl -pi -w -e 's/import com.example.oldpackage.R/import com.example.newpackage.R/g;' `grep -r -l "import com.example.oldpackage.R"`

I realise this is rather quick&dirty (do a backup 😉 ) but it did work for this project. A short explanation:


  • -pi puts the code in a loop (like -n, but sed-style)
  • -w gives you warnings
  • -e is one line of programm and since -pi
  • /g global, for all lines in the file


  • -r recursive
  • -l give out files that matches the following search string

Cisco VPN mit Windows 8: Error 442: Failed to enable virtual adapter

Posted on 6. Februar 2013 Comments

Der Cisco-VPN Client in der Version für Windows 8 verursacht bei mir folgendes Problem. Jedes mal wenn ich Username und Passwort eingeben sagt er (auf der Kommandozeile die vpnclient.exe)

Intializing the VPN connection
Contacting the gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Authenticating user.
Negotiating security policies
Securing communiation channel
Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client
Reason: Failed to enable Vitual Adapter

bzw. GUI gibt zurück:

Secure VPN Conection terminated locally by the Client
Reason 442: Failed to enable Virtual Adapter
Connection terminated on XYZ

Wobei XYZ für Datum und Länge steht.

Auch wenn diverse Rechenzentren von Universitäten was anderes erzählen… Der Fehler liegt dabei in der Registry und zwar genauer beim Schlüssel DisplayName unter HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Serices\CVirtA. Der enthält die Zeichenkette @oem4.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;, welche man einfach rauslöschen kann. So steht da einfach nur noch Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows. Bei der 32-bit Version steht einfach nichts dahinter(also keine 32-bit!)

Um das zu automatisieren kann man .reg-Dateien schreiben in dem man mit regedit den Wert ändert, und dann mit Datei/Exportieren eine .reg-Datei erstellt. Die übernimmt allerdings alle Werte aus dem Unterordner. Mit seinem Lieblingseditor kann man nun einfach die restlichen Einträge aus der Datei löschen, so dass dort nur noch steht:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

"DisplayName"="Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows"

oder im Fall von 32-Bit Systemen:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

"DisplayName"="Cisco Systems VPN Adapter"

Hier findet ihr die beiden .reg-Dateien gezippt als Download:

Credits gehen an ITServiceDRoeding für sein YouTube Video.